Millmerran - Timeline

...a chronological history of Millmeran...

1894

The area known as Back Creek or Domville became Millmerran.

1911

Railway line was extended from Pittsworth to Millmerran.

Our Past

1913

Millmerran Shire Council was formed with A.R. Lomax as chairman.

1916

Land was set aside for a park to commemorate the men who have enlisted in the forces.

1920

A monument to the fallen soldiers was erected in Anzac Park.

Our Past

1936

The Millmerran butter factory opened. The factory closed in 1968.

1942

Council removed all directional signage in the shire due to the threat of invasion during the second world war.

1962

Millmerran Golf Club was formed.

1977

Millmerran Historical Society was formed and was granted the use of the old Millmerran Shire Council Chambers.

1981

Millmerran Centenary.

1997

Millmerran Indoor sports centre was opened.

1998

Millmerran CBD streetscape project completed.

2002

Millmerran Power Station and Coal Mine was opened.

2008

Millmerran Shire amalgamated with 8 other shires to form Toowoomba Regional Council.